Cock & Bull fever




















I must go down to the pub again, to play darts at the Cock and Bull,
And all I ask from Penelope is her approval full,
And a warm smile to see me off instead of the finger shaking,
And a welcome after closing-time with sweet love-making.

I must go down to the pub again, to enjoy some of their best ale
Is a fine need and a real need that always should prevail;
And all I ask is a few quid and never a refusal,
And 'enjoy yourself, mind how you go', instead of the same as usual.

I must go down to the pub again, to see Wally and old Mike.
To the Cock and Bull, it isn't far, I could get there on my bike;
And all I ask is a loving look and a bit of understanding,
And perhaps some help when I come home, to get up to the landing.

___
With apologies to John Masefield
___
___

Parody and photomontage by Mirino © February, 2011

No comments: